For more than 20 years, Dwell has championed design that improves people’s lives. Now, we’re drawing on that expertise to make it easy to add more space to your home. The Dwell House is a 540-square-foot, one-bedroom ADU that fits in most backyards. It’s constructed off-site and transported to your property in a seamless process developed by our partner Abodu. The Dwell House lets you have the extra room you need without the house hunt or months of construction.
The Dwell House fits on most lots and is designed for versatility—whether you’re adding a rental unit or just need more room for your family.
With one bedroom and a full bath that can be closed off from the kitchen and living room, the Dwell House is perfect for guests—no matter how long they’re staying.
When you’re tired of working from your kitchen, the Dwell House adds a light-filled office to your property, perfect for video calls or just a bit of heads-down time.
Whether you’re pushing past fitness goals or looking for a quiet place to meditate, the Dwell House gives you room to stretch out.
Facing a deck or a patio, the Dwell House gives your backyard a perfect place for entertaining—or to rinse off after a dip.
The Dwell House arrives fully built, and everything from construction to delivery is baked into the starting price of $389,000. That includes:
• A complete Dwell House with all finishes, lighting, and appliances.
• Standard site work, including foundation, trenching, and utility tie-in.
• Delivery from the factory to your property.
• Installation of the Dwell House on your site (including craning up to 100 feet).
• A dedicated project manager to oversee everything and take care of permitting for you.